My Photo
Name:
Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India

We Develop Human Capital "Not to unlearn what you have learned is the most necessary kind of learning" said Antisthenes. Our passion at 'The Enablers' is to develop people. Developing human resources is more important to 'The Enablers' than getting clients. We want to make sure that people take way something valuable and useful for their lives. In our workshops, we create an environment which is conducive to learning. We encourage participants to: • Un-learn what is obsolete. • Learn what is contemporary to become futuristic. • Un-learn and re-learn, un-learn and re-learn again! When people follow these three steps, the miracle process begins - the process of excelling. With this mission, 'The Enablers' was established in January 2004 by Prof. Vivek Hattangadi. ‘The Enablers’ unlock the concealed potential in people and leverage their latent talent so they emerge as winners. In our learning sessions, the participants learn the way an excellent surgeon learns - practicing what has been learned through purposeful activities rather than merely from instructions. Our sessions are pragmatic; learning’s are doable. We have a large clientele even outside India.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Why you should not be late for meetings

This should be a good example for those executives who tend to take their own time to attend a meeting.

The retirement dinner

Father John was being honored at his retirement dinner after 45 years serving the parish.

A leading local politician and member of the congregation was chosen to make the presentation and give a little speech at the dinner.

Like all politicians, he was late getting there. So Father John decided to say his own few words while they waited.

"I got my first impression of the parish from the very first confession I heard here. I thought I had been assigned to a terrible place. The very first person who entered my confessional pulpit told me that he had stolen a television set and when questioned by the police, was able to bluff his way out of it.

He went on to tell me that he had stolen money from his parents, embezzled from his employer, had an affair with his boss's wife, taken illegal drugs, and gave VD to his best friends’ wife. I was appalled! What a parish, I thought, as the person was leaving the church.

But as the days went on I knew that all my people were not all like that and I had, indeed, come to a fine parish full of good and loving people….."

Just as the priest finished his talk, the politician arrived full of apologies at being late. He immediately began to make the presentation and gave his talk. "I will never forget the first day our parish priest arrived," said the politician. "In fact, I had the honor of being the very first person to go to him for confession.

Moral: Don't ever be late for a meeting
The Enablers
We develop human resources

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home